A Review of Brightcove vs. Vimeo vs. Viostream: Costs, Features, Integrations and More
The differences between Brightcove, Vimeo and Viostream:
- Cost: Viostream prices start from $575 US a month. Vimeo's business-orientated plans start from around $55 US a month (considerably cheaper). However, Viostream provides enterprise-level features you won't find on Vimeo. Brightcove doesn't publish its prices online, so it's hard to compare this tool with Vimeo and Viostream.
- Target Audience: Brightcove and Vimeo primarily target businesses in various industries. Viostream targets businesses and governments in need of enhanced security, analytics and video delivery features.
- Reputation: Brightcove and Vimeo both launched in 2004. Viostream started in 2002, making it the longest-running platform in this review. For nearly 20 years, the online video tool has served governments and businesses worldwide.
- Location: Viostream is a Sydney-based company, which some Australian organizations might prefer to use. Brightcove and Vimeo have headquarters in the United States.
- Branded Video Galleries: Viostream lets organizations create dynamic and engaging video galleries based on their branding. You won't find this feature on Brightcove or Vimeo.
Many organizations think YouTube is the only place to host videos. But there are online video platforms that offer more features and flexibility, helping companies and professionals realize video creation and delivery objectives.
The three platforms (Brightcove, Vimeo and Viostream) in this review all provide you long-term investment options for video management. But which one should you choose?
Brightcove vs. Vimeo vs. Viostream Overview
Brightcove is a video creation and management platform with a powerful HTML5 Player that organizations can embed into their website and other online outlets.
Since 2004, Brightcove has provided streaming (and more recently, live streaming) services to countless global organizations that want to engage with customers through video.
Platform features include
- IP restrictions
- Digital rights management
- Drag-and-drop playlists
- Batch editing
- Real-time analytics.
Vimeo is a video sharing platform that provides professionals with advanced video management features such as:
- Private links
- Privacy controls
- Cloud transcoding
- Social publishing
- Video storage
- Yaw settings
- and more.
It offers more versatility than free video streaming services like YouTube. With Vimeo's customizable player, organizations of all stripes can move customers through sales and marketing funnels.
Viostream is an enterprise-grade video production and distribution solution for businesses and governments worldwide.
Established in 2002, Viostream has an ever-growing suite of features that automate multiple video management tasks such as:
- Filter lists
- Social syndication
- Email embedding
- Push-button app publishing
- Advanced security
- Customizable branded video galleries
- Unlimited users
- Unlimited players
For nearly 20 years, Viostream has maintained its position as the No.1 video platform for governments and businesses in Australia.
Brightcove vs. Vimeo vs. Viostream: Features
Vimeo: 30 Days
Viostream: 30 Days
Vimeo: Business/Sole Proprietors
Viostream: Business & Government
Offers Video Integrations?
Brightcove: Yes, including Adobe and Sitecore
Vimeo: Yes, including Slack, Adobe and Google Drive
Viostream: Yes, including Tableau, Looker, Amazon CloudFront, and Salesforce Einstein Analytics (full list available here).
Viostream: Yes (via Salesforce Analytics)
Brightcove: Single sign-on, URL tokenization, IP restrictions, AES encryption and more
Vimeo: Private uploads, secure uploads, viewer permissions and more
Viostream: Domain whitelisting, IP restrictions, single sign-on authentication, geo-blocking, user roles, sub-accounts, password policies, ISO27001 and more. (Read this list of security features.)
Dive Deeper with Viostream reports
Brightcove vs. Vimeo vs. Viostream: Support and Training
- Training via Brightcove University
- Phone, email and live chat support
- Email support
- Live chat
- Online Tutorials
- Phone support
- Email support
- How-to guides
- Frequently asked questions
Brightcove vs. Vimeo vs. Viostream: Pricing
- There are two available pricing plans: Starter and Enterprise, which suits larger companies.
- Brightcove bases its pricing on the number of plays your organization will receive.
- Brightcove doesn't post its prices online, so further details are not available.
- Vimeo's Business plan costs around $55 US per month (billed annually) with 5TB of video storage. There is no live streaming on this plan.
- Vimeo's Premium plan, which comes with live streaming, costs around $100 US per month (billed annually) with 7TB of video storage.
- Viostream has three subscription plans.
- Viostream has an open and transparent pricing system that suits every stage of business.
Why Choose Viostream
Although Viostream is more expensive than Vimeo (Brightcove doesn't publish its prices), the platform offers governments and businesses unparalleled security, analytics and content management capabilities that optimize video delivery. This enterprise-grade tool has served organizations since 2002. It takes video management to the next level with on-demand and live streaming features that improve communication, collaboration and content creation.
Viostream is a top video solution for forward-thinking governments and businesses. Contact our customer support team to learn more about how Viostream can serve your business or organization.