Brightcove vs. YouTube vs. Viostream — A Comparison of 3 Top Online Video Platforms
The differences between Brightcove vs. YouTube vs. Viostream:
- Cost: YouTube is free. Brightcove and Viostream offer paid plans..
- Market Share: YouTube has far more market reach than Brightcove and Viostream.
- Integrations: You can't integrate YouTube with other platforms. Brightcove and Viostream offer various integrations with content delivery networks, business intelligence platforms, web services, and more.
- Features: YouTube offers multi-device playback, live streaming, and analytics, but caters to personal content creators as well as businesses. Brightcove and Viostream are more specific in their intentions, targeting businesses (and, with Viostream, governments) that require more security, analytics, and media management features than YouTube can provide.
- Skill Level: All three video platforms require no code.
Seventy-eight percent of people watch videos online every week, and 55 per cent watch videos online every day. So it's no wonder organizations like yours want to capitalize on this growing media market.
In this review, compare three video streaming providers to discover the best option for your specific requirements. Here's a comparison of Brightcove vs. YouTube vs. Viostream.
Table of Contents
- Support and Training
Brightcove vs. YouTube vs. Viostream Overview
Brightcove's cloud-based video tool includes enhanced media management features for business that require more scope than what YouTube currently offers, with improved analytics, security, and integrations built for B2B.
Platform features include streamlined content management, live streaming, encoding, batch editing, and drag-and-drop playlists.
With over 2 billion monthly users, YouTube is synonymous with video streaming and home to hundreds of thousands of content creators worldwide. Unlike Brightcove, which targets B2B, YouTube has a far more generalized audience, attracting more personal users than business ones.
YouTube provides analytics for video creators but has far fewer security and content management features than Brightcove. Google owns and operates YouTube.
Viostream is an enterprise-grade video platform for governments and businesses, which means it has features tailored for organizations that want to take video management to the next level. While YouTube lets creators make videos private by removing them from public search (a process called "unlisting"), Viostream makes it easy to incorporate video into internal communications like intranet and email, with a broad range of privacy and security features.
Viostream also suits organizations that want to target the public. As the leading enterprise-grade video platform for governments and businesses in Australia, it boasts a suite of media management features for public and internal audiences you can't find on YouTube or Brightcove, such as private branded video galleries.
Other features include video embedding, live streaming, audience management, push-button app publishing, unlimited users, unlimited players, calls-to-action, social syndication, filter lists, scheduling, accessibility capabilities, and tags.
Users can also integrate Viostream with existing communications channels like web services and business intelligence tools via easy-to-use, out-of-the-box connectors.
Brightcove vs. YouTube vs. Viostream: Features
- Brightcove: None
- YouTube: NA/Free
- Viostream: 30 Days
- Brightcove: Business
- YouTube: General
- Viostream: Governments & Corporations
Video Integration Connectors?
- Brightcove: Yes, including Adobe, Drupal, and Sitecore.
- YouTube: No
- Viostream: Yes, including 3Play Media, Amazon CloudFront, Bridge, Fastly, Looker, Salesforce Einstein Analytics, Silver Peak, and Tableau. Click here for the full list of out-of-the-box integrations.
Allow Embedding Videos in Website?
- Brightcove: Yes
- YouTube: Yes
- Viostream: Yes
- Brightcove: Yes
- YouTube: Yes
- Viostream: Yes
- Brightcove: IP restrictions, Single sign-on, URL tokenization, AES encryption
- YouTube: Geo-blocking, 2-step authentication, Unlisted videos
- Viostream: Domain whitelisting, IP restrictions, Single sign-on authentication, Geo-blocking, User roles, Sub-accounts, Password policies, ISO27001, and more. Click here for the full list of security features.
Brightcove vs. YouTube vs. Viostream Support and Training
- Project documentation
- Brightcove University (training modules)
- Email, phone, and live chat support
- Support ticket system (no email/phone support)
- Help guides and forums
- Partner support for content creators with large subscriber bases
- Phone support
- Email support
- Comprehensive support guides
Brightcove vs. YouTube vs. Viostream Pricing
- Brightcove doesn't publish its prices online for enterprises, making it difficult to compare the platform with YouTube and Viostream.
- There are two pricing plans for corporate customers: Starter and Enterprise.
- Brightcove bases its pricing on the number of video plays.
- YouTube is free.
- Viostream has three pricing plans: Lite, Professional and Enterprise.
- Viostream has an open and transparent pricing system that suits every stage of business.
- Pricing details can be found here.
Viostream is the top online video platform for governments and businesses, with features you won't find on YouTube or Brightcove. You can benefit from user-based pricing, utilize enhanced security, and enjoy out-of-the-box connectors that integrate existing channels with the platform. When comparing Brightcove vs. YouTube vs. Viostream, consider the latter for powerful media management, accessibility, and unlimited channel creation.
Viostream is the No.1 enterprise-grade video platform for governments and businesses that want to revolutionize online video management. Contact our customer support team to learn more about how Viostream can serve your business or organization.