In 2020, 92% of organizations said that video is an important component of their marketing strategy. Bad-quality audio and visuals, however, often reduce the impact of marketing campaigns. That's why organizations like yours need to invest in the right technologies like video encoding and a powerful online video platform.
This tutorial tells you how to increase the quality of a video in a few simple steps.
1) Choose the Right Equipment
A good-quality video starts with your camera and microphone. Older cameras and most smartphone cameras won't provide the quality you require for corporate and customer-facing videos, so invest in a device that records crystal-clear visuals that resonate with your audience. The same goes for your microphone. Pick a device capable of recording high-quality audio.
You don't have to spend thousands of dollars on a new camera or microphone. However, you should invest in tech that lets you live stream and create on-demand videos for your audience. When buying a new camera, think about sensor size, which influences picture quality. Typically, the bigger the camera's sensor, the more light it can capture. Regular digital cameras have sensor sizes that range from 43.8 × 32.9 mm to 53.7 × 40.2 mm. Download our free e-book Live Streaming Guide to jumpstart your video content creation.
Many businesses invest in SLR or DSLR cameras that provide better resolution, clarity, and sharpness than regular digital cameras. For even better visuals, consider a DSLR camera with 4K.
2) Think About Recording Techniques
Various recording techniques improve audio and video quality:
- Record videos in a room that provides enough light for your recording.
- Be aware of any background noise that might reduce the quality of your audio.
- Have someone monitor the audio with headphones during your recording. Then you can quickly re-record your video if there are audio problems.
- Keep your camera steady during recording by using a tripod or placing the camera on a steady surface.
- Practice your videos before you record them. Consider using a script or, at the least, some recording prompts.
- Don't record your video with many people in the background, which can distract your viewers.
Don't worry if you make a few mistakes. The latest video editing software can sometimes improve audio and visual quality. You can connect your camera to your computer and adjust the audio-visuals as required. Also, use software to remove unwanted sections of your recording or add transitions and effects to create a more compelling narrative. Some of the most popular video editing programs include:
- Adobe Premiere Elements
- Apple iMovie
- CyberLink PowerDirector 365
Pro-tip: Sometimes, you can adjust the settings on your camera to improve video quality. The latest cameras have various filters and effects that improve sharpness or make video images 'crisper.' Alternatively, use a filter that softens or smooths the video image to reduce graininess. Try different effects on your camera and choose the ones you like best.
3) Use a Video Encoder
Once you have recorded and edited your video, you need to upload it to the internet so people can watch it. Unfortunately, this essential step often reduces audio-visual quality. That's where a video encoder comes in. It's a piece of technology that converts your video into the correct format for live streaming or on-demand video in a process called 'transcoding.'
You can buy physical video encoders or use video encoding software. Physical encoders are typically more expensive but might produce better results. When considering software, there are both free and paid-for tools on the market. Some of these include:
- WinX Video Converter
- AVS Video Converter
- Windows Media Encoder
- XMedia Recode
4) Invest in an Online Video Platform
Once you have encoded videos into the correct format, you need to host your content on an online video platform. Here are some tips:
- Choose a platform built for corporations like yours that want to communicate online.
- Make sure the online video platform uses HTML5 technology so your audience can view your videos from any device and browser in the same high quality.
- Select a platform that offers both live streaming and video-on-demand.
- Think about security. The best online platforms protect sensitive information with features like IP restrictions and password policies.
- Pick an online video tool that provides excellent customer service so you can talk to a team member if you have a technical problem.
How Viostream Helps
Viostream preserves video quality after the recording and encoding processes so everyone can view your videos the way you intended. The latest 4K/HTML5 video technology optimizes audio-visuals for better external and internal communications, and you can measure the success of your content with platform metrics. It's no wonder businesses and governments have used Viostream for almost 20 years. Start your free trial with us here.
Are you looking for information about how to improve the quality of a video? Invest in a good camera and microphone, think about recording techniques, use a video encoder, and choose an online video platform built for growing enterprises. Viostream makes it simple to share high-quality videos with customers, clients, and partners. Now you can benefit from unique video management features such as branded video galleries and real-time metrics.
Create better-quality videos and share them with the world. Start your free trial today.