How to Build a Strong Business Culture With an Internal Communication Plan Template
Building a strong business culture brings multiple benefits to your organization. By defining values and creating a culture of transparency, autonomy, and inclusion, you can improve the performance and productivity of your employees. Research shows that employees rate their companies higher if there's a strong culture within that organization, while 88 percent of employees think strong company culture is fundamental to business success.
One way to build a strong company culture is through your internal communications, including live streaming and video-on-demand that empower employees. Video is an effective medium for learning and development, where team members acquire knowledge about your organization's missions, values, and long-term strategic goals.
In this guide, learn how to build a better team culture with an internal communication plan template and discover how Viostream optimizes communications further.
Table of Contents
- Define Your Internal Communication Plans
- Use an Internal Communication Plan Template
- Choose the Right Video Platform for Your Internal Communication Plan
- How Viostream Helps
- Final Word
Define Your Internal Communication Plans
Thoughtful internal communications improve the relationship between an organization and its employees. When using a communication method like online video, you can:
- Engage employees
- Improve productivity and performance
- Improve training outcomes
- Convey critical information to team members at the same time
- Inform employees about your organization's values and mission
While other communication methods like email prove useful, video is the number one way to deliver your message. People process visual information faster than text, resulting in better comprehension and recall. Using technologies like live-streaming and video-on-demand can be an effective way for employees to retain information about your company.
Define your internal communication plan by creating videos about topics that you want employees to know. These topics may include selling techniques, health and safety protocols, or compliance issues. You might even decide to host webinars about these subjects or create a series of recorded videos for your website or blog.
There are other things to think about:
- Decide whether to create videos for your entire workplace, smaller teams, separate departments, or individual team members.
- Think about how you will present topics in your videos. Use a tutorial format, include a narrative, or even invest in an animated video to convey information.
- Consider how to engage team members in your videos. Will you use graphical elements like photos and infographics? What about live chat? Will there be a question-and-answer session at the end of a live stream? These are just a few ways to offer enhanced engagement opportunities for your viewers.
Use an Internal Communication Plan Template
A template makes planning your internal communications a lot easier. These templates have pre-defined specifications for various aspects of your communications strategy, such as:
- Video content types/formats
- Technologies you plan to use
You can download an internal communication plan template online from a number of reliable business development sources.
Use the Right Online Video Platform
Once you have created your internal communication plan, consider which online video platform you want to use to hosts your content and share videos with your team members. You will need to address some or all of the following factors:
- Security. Choose a platform that offers the latest security features like IP restrictions, access controls, and passwords. The best platforms safeguard your data when sharing visual content over the internet so you can prevent cyber-crime and insider threats.
- Audio-Visual Quality. Choose a platform that lets team members watch high-quality audio and visuals on a simple video player. The best platforms use technologies like 4K and HTML5.
- Accessibility. Make sure all employees can effectively engage with your internal communications. Think about accessibility features like transcriptions and closed captions and only choose a platform that offers these features.
- Customer Service. You'll need a video platform that lets you talk to a team member if you have a technical problem with one of your videos.
Pro-tip: Consumer-level video platforms like YouTube let you share content with team members. As a business, you will likely require enterprise-level features like branded video galleries, enhanced security, real-time business metrics, and accessibility tools. Only a service like Viostream can provide you with these features.
How Viostream Helps
Viostream makes the perfect addition to your internal communication strategy. Features like live streaming, on-demand video, calls-to-action, third-party integrations, closed captions, and 4K/HTML5 video provide the quality and accessibility you need to empower your company culture. Use Viostream to train, inform, and entertain your workforce with enhanced data security and video management features you won't find on free services like YouTube.
An internal communication plan template lets you define the way you communicate with team members via video. By determining your internal communication plan and using an online video platform to share video content, you can engage your workforce and improve performance and productivity across your organization. Viostream powers your internal communication strategy like no other platform with a suite of enterprise-level video management and security features.
Contact our customer support team to learn more about how Viostream's professional video hosting platform can help improve your business communications today.