Companies pour countless resources into the production of video content. When done right, this content can help build your brand's reputation while engaging your audience. And yet by not tracking the performance of those videos, so many companies are letting valuable marketing knowledge slip away. Video analytics are often overlooked, underestimated, and left out of the bigger picture. But the truth is, video analytics and business intelligence go hand in hand.
The Correlation Between Video Analytics and Business Intelligence
Video analytics tell you how interested and engaged your audience is in a particular topic or format. Using video analytics, you can begin creating content that consistently gets watched, shared, and remembered, all while driving conversions and loyalty for your company. These same metrics will help you grow your reach and reputation.
Many companies that have yet to take the next step of integrating video analytics and business intelligence tools are doing themselves a disservice. Video analytics provide actionable data you can use to ensure a particular video or an entire video campaign is achieving optimal potential and a strong ROI.
Brands and organizations that have chosen to get more out of their video analytics and business intelligence have begun using enterprise-grade video hosting and management platforms such as Viostream. Featuring amazing analytics and comprehensive reporting, Viostream also integrates easily with the top BI tools on the marketing, making it easy to bring all of your video data into Tableau, Power BI, and many others. To see how, start your 14-day free trial now.
Video Analytics and Business Intelligence: Important Metrics
Simply publishing amazing video content isn't enough. In order to make your video content work for your business, you have to measure the right metrics and use them to your advantage. If you're simply looking at basic video analytics like view count, you're under-utilizing this powerful insight. Here's a closer look at the metrics you should be tracking and why you should bring together your video analytics and business intelligence tools:
- Overall View Count. Tracking how many people view your videos, especially over time, can help you determine if your titles and thumbnails are effective. It can also reveal the best time and day to release your videos for the most engagement.
- Engagement Data. Data that reveals attention span, such as the average number of minutes watched for a given video, will help you identify points in your video where viewers routinely drop off, possibly because the video is too long or the pace is too slow. This data can inform changes to the length, timing, or structure of your video so you hold viewers' attention more effectively.
- Click-Through Rate (CTR). Metrics like the total number of clicks your videos receive will help you understand how interesting and relevant your title, call to action, and thumbnail are. A low CTR means you need to up your promotional game because viewers aren't even giving your video a chance.
- Lead Generation. Many people track the above metrics because the connection seems direct and obvious, but few are taking the time to see how many leads a video can generate or qualify. Viostream's in-depth analytics reveal this and more.
- Video ROI. In addition to helping you see how videos impact lead generation and eventual conversion, Viostream also includes analytics that can reveal video ROI when combined with your other BI data.
Using Video Analytics and Business Intelligence
Using your existing BI tool, you can put the data you've collected from your video analytics platform to work in all sorts of ways outside of video, helping to power conversions and build loyalty for your brand.
When you've utilized a platform capable of providing in-depth data, you can do much more than just track a viewer from the moment they click Play. You'll be able to gather actionable data through every minute of video they consume. This data also gives you the insight to understand who is engaging with your content and where that engagement is happening the most, providing you with the information you need to better improve and evolve the customer journey map.
And when you combine your video analytics and business intelligence, you'll be able to further extrapolate a wealth of information, including how video plays a role in the customer purchase decision and which videos, specifically, are fostering lead generation and sharing.
Visualize Your Data
One of the most powerful aspects of a business intelligence tool is that it helps you take away the complex numbers and turn them into visual insights that are easy to process at a glance. A feature-rich video analytics platform offers additional tools and data such as interactive heat maps, viewing patterns, and the ability to sort data by time, location, and device. By bringing this information into your BI tool, you can easily visualize these massive stores of data, connect them, and understand your audience in greater detail.
Improve Your Content Marketing
Video analytics can reveal the best-performing videos on your platform, showing video engagement metrics that help you dig deeper into the what, why, and how of your future videos to replicate that success. This enables you to learn from the content you already have to create an even better user experience in the future — not just in your video content but for all content you produce.
By combining video analytics and business intelligence data with information from your other platforms (i.e., your website and social channels), you'll get a big picture understanding of the type of content your users interact with the most to help guide future creations.
How Viostream Can Help
Viostream is proud to offer amazing analytics that can reveal where viewers drop off, which videos they always tune into, and the time of day, device, and location that lead to the most interaction with your content.
But Viostream can do far more than that. Aside from helping you understand and utilize your video analytics and business intelligence tool, Viostream also offers robust features to help you get more out of your video content. With dedicated video portals, live streaming software, highly accessible design, and advanced security, Viostream is your best partner when it comes to delivering strong video content that meets and surpasses your ROI targets. To see how Viostream can help get your business where it needs to go with video, start your free trial today.