Despite the successful COVID-19 vaccine rollout in some countries, two-thirds of employers plan on permanently shifting team members to remote work. Other organizations might introduce a hybrid working model, where some employees stay in the office while others work from home. With so much uncertainty, companies are investing in remote training to allow teams to develop skills on online video platforms.
Related Reading: Ready to supercharge your corporate training videos? Check our our corporate training video production guide blog post.
Implementing video training can be a struggle for many organizations like yours. How do you train employees remotely? Which platform should you use? In this guide, learn some remote training tips and discover how Viostream simplifies the entire process.
Engage Your Audience
Video training can be incredibly effective. Research shows people remember 95 percent of information after watching a video compared to just 10 percent after reading text. But not all video content is the same. Long, boring training videos won't engage your audience at all.
Here are some tips for making your remote training videos more engaging:
- Invest in a good camera, microphone, and video encoder. These three essential pieces of tech that optimize the audio/visual quality of your videos.
- Use a script to communicate your message. You'll want your training videos to look professional and provide viewers with valuable tips.
- Keep your videos short to increase engagement. Instead of making on long video, create a series of multiple short videos and keep them in private branded video galleries so team members can access them at any time.
- Add graphics. Photos, video clips, and infographics convey complicated information quicker and clearer than narration or long blocks of text.
- Select the right online video platform. Viostream is the enterprise-level solution for internal communications, with a wide range of enhanced security and media management features that bring remote training to life.
Share Your Videos in the Right Places
You want as many team members to engage with your videos as possible, so share content via the right channels for maximum exposure. These channels might include:
- Social media
With Viostream, you can embed videos onto your website or blog, or keep them in private galleries. Then you can share a URL to your content via one of the above channels.
If you want to live stream training content, you can maximize attendance by sending email invitations to remote workers a couple of days before the event and a follow-up on the day itself.
Ask for Feedback
To continue optimizing engagement, ask team members for feedback about your content. Did they find your videos interesting? Did they learn new skills? Video learning can be a challenge, especially if in-person training is all you know. Asking employees for feedback helps you develop better video content strategies.
Not all team members will be able to view your remote training videos in the same way. That's why it's critical to think about accessibility before you create your videos so everyone can view your content.
Increase accessibility with features such as transcriptions and closed captions, which helps hard-of-hearing employees engage with your videos. Also, consider background noise when recording your videos.
How Viostream Helps
Viostream lets you create training videos for remote workers with a wide range of live streaming and video-on-demand features that optimize internal communications. You can share videos via email or the intranet and develop the skills of your workforce wherever they are in the world. Here are some benefits of incorporating Viostream into your remote training program:
- Powerful sharing features such as live URLs, video embeds, private galleries, and social syndication.
- Manage your videos with unlimited users, unlimited players, push-button app publishing, and more.
- Generate real-time reports about video content and viewer engagement to inform your future training strategies.
- Integrate Viostream with a third-party web service or BI tool for even greater functionality.
- Take advantage of accessibility features such as transcriptions and closed captioning.
- Get enterprise-level security you won't find on free video platforms like YouTube.
- Get world-class customer service from Viostream's friendly team.
As more employees continue to work from home, businesses like yours need to develop new training strategies. Video learning is one of the most effective ways to develop skills in the post-pandemic era, letting you communicate with team members out of the office. For more successful remote training, engage your audience, share your videos via the correct channels, and consider accessibility features like transcriptions and closed captions.
Viostream is an online video solution that makes remote learning less of a challenge. Create compelling, click-worthy training videos and share them with remote workers via a simple and secure online video platform. Start your free trial today.