Panopto vs. Kaltura vs. Viostream — What Is the No.1 Platform for Online Video?
The differences between Panopto vs. Kaltura vs. Viostream:
- Cost Transparency: Viostream has three flexible subscription plans, with prices starting from as little as $575 USD per month. Panopto and Kaltura don't publish their prices online, making it difficult to compare these platforms with Viostream.
- Target Audience: Kaltura and Panopto target businesses and academic institutions that want to record, manage and share video content online. Viostream is an enterprise-grade video platform used by governments and corporations for nearly 20 years.
- Features: Panopto offers all users the same features, while Kaltura users can pick the features they need. Viostream has a broad range of features that users can customize based on their specific requirements.
- Branded Video Galleries: Viostream has a unique branded video gallery feature that allows users to share videos through private portals.
- Skill Level: All three video platforms require no code.
It takes, on average, seven hours to create a 1-to-5-minute video for YouTube. It's no wonder, then, that so many organizations look for YouTube alternatives for video creation and content management to protect their time investment. Various online video platforms make it simple to stream and manage videos and offer security and analytical features you won't find on YouTube. This review compares three popular platforms: Panopto vs. Kaltura vs. Viostream.
Table of Contents
- Support and Training
- Why Viostream?
Panopto vs. Kaltura vs. Viostream Overview
Panopto is an online video streaming service that lets users record, manage and share videos. The platform targets two audiences: corporations and academic institutions. Some of the world's most important organizations use Panopto for live streaming and video recording, editing and management. Platform features include analytics, captioning, virtual classrooms, and integrations with content management and learning management systems.
Kaltura also targets businesses and academic institutions but offers a wider range of features than Panopto. Not all of these features come "out of the box." Users select the features they require based on their objectives. As a result, some users might find it harder to set up Kaltura than Panopto. Platform features include podcast creation, video messaging, virtual town halls, virtual classrooms and real-time video analytics.
Founded in 2002, Viostream targets a different audience than Panopto and Kaltura. While the enterprise-grade platform still caters to businesses of all sizes, Viostream offers video collaboration and communication features for governments that want to manage and stream video content online.
The leading video platform for governments and businesses in Australia, Viostream offers video embedding, audience management, social syndication, filter lists, tags, scheduling, push-button app publishing, unlimited players, unlimited customers and calls-to-action.
The branded video gallery feature lets users share videos in private portals, similar to YouTube. Here, users can keep videos in a safe space and target viewers with customised content.
Panopto vs. Kaltura vs. Viostream: Features
Panopto: Unknown--Prospective customers need to contact Panopto for a free trial
Kaltura: 30 Days
Viostream: 30 Days
Panopto: Business & Academic
Kaltura: Business & Academic
Viostream: Business & Government
Video Integration Connectors?
Panopto: Yes, including Zoom, Slack and Skype.
Kaltura: Yes, including Microsoft Azure, Amazon Fire TV and WordPress.
Viostream: Yes, including Tableau, Silver Peak, Bridge, Looker, Fastly, Amazon CloudFront, 3Plays Media and Salesforce Einstein Analytics.
- Secure video libraries
- Support for SAML 2.0, OAuth, SAML 2.0, and Active Directory
- Video encryption
- GDPR compliance
- ISO/IEC 27001:2013 compliance
- Domain whitelisting
- IP restrictions
- Single sign-on authentication
- User roles
- Password policies
- Click here for a full list of security features
Panopto vs. Kaltura vs. Viostream Support and Training
- Video tutorials
- 24-hour support
- Support ticket system
- Help guides
- Phone support
- Email support
- Help guides
Panopto vs. Kaltura vs. Viostrea: Pricing
- Panopto doesn't publish prices.
- The Enterprise plan (the only plan available for organizations) caters to businesses and academic organizations with 100+ users and comes with unlimited storage and streaming.
- Kaltura doesn't publish prices.
- Offers custom plans where users pick the features they require.
- Viostream has three flexible subscription plans for governments and businesses.
- Viostream has an open and transparent pricing system that suits every stage of business.
- For more details about Viostream prices, click here.
Why Choose Viostream
Viostream is a top online video platform for governments and businesses, with features you won't find on Panopto or Kaltura, such as branded video galleries. The online video service also has transparent pricing, with subscription plans starting from just $575 per month.
Other features include out-of-the-box connectors that require no code whatsoever, allowing users to integrate Viostream with content delivery networks, business intelligence platforms and more. There is also a suite of content management features that make it easy to organize and share videos.
Governments and businesses have used Viostream for nearly 20 years. This enterprise-grade online video platform drives engagement with a powerful suite of on-demand and live streaming capabilities. Contact our customer support team to learn more about how Viostream's professional video hosting platform can help improve your business communications today.